Each honey season I will be offering a limited amount of raw honey, extracted from my own beehives for all to enjoy. First come first serve. The type/taste will depend on the time of year of extraction and which flowers were around during the time of foraging. This batch is wildflower honey or Blütenhonig in German.
70kg harvested...41kg left... 35kg left...Now 28kg and counting!
Honey will be offered in 250g/500g jars respectively.
Raw honey is made by extracting honey from the honeycombs of the hive and pouring it over a mesh or nylon cloth to separate the honey from impurities. Once strained, raw honey is bottled and ready to be enjoyed.
Produced in limited quantities using traditional methods is the artisanal way.
Some interesting facts about raw honey:
· It is a super saturated solution of glucose and fructose.
· All raw honey will eventually crystalize due to a high glucose content.
· Darkened and/or crystalized honey is perfectly safe to eat. Some even prefer it as it is easier to spread.
· Raw honey never expires.
· Raw honey contains beneficial enzymes which are killed if heated/pasteurized.
· As well as being a source of antioxidants, raw honey also has antibacterial/antifungal properties, helps digestive issues and soothes sore throats and coughs.
Some useful tips:
· Do not refrigerate raw honey.
· Crystallization can be delayed by storing at room temperature or warmer.
· If you have crystallised honey, simply add jar to pot of warm water.
· Honey crystals will melt between 35-40 Celsius (95-104 Fahrenheit).
· Although raw honey never spoils, it can go bad if incorrectly stored or contaminated.
250g and 500g jars available!